2011 – 2013
- Lowy Institute’s India Forum, Sydney, Australia “What kind of Power will India Be”, May 5, 2011.
- Chair of Panel, Festival of Ideas ‘India, Pakistan and Afghanistan” University of Melbourne, June 16, 2011.
- Speaker at launch of Indian Executive Magazine, Melbourne, July 22, 2011
- Speaker Asia Link Leadership Program, Melbourne, July 26, 2011.
- Speaker Asia Link Leadership Program, Sydney, July 27, 2011.
- Key Session speaker Australian Institute of International Affairs National Conference: India 2020: Implications for Australia, Perth, and August 23, 2011.
- Speaker: Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security (CEPS), Griffith University Mt Gravatt Campus. September 6, 2011.
- Speaker, Key Session – Australian International Education Conference (AIEC); The Rise of China and India”, Adelaide, October 12-13, 2011.
- Speaker: White Ribbon Day, Australia India Society of Victoria Inc.; How does family abuse and domestic Violence erode human rights and culture? Can men be a part of the solution?, Melbourne, November 13, 2011.
- Speaker and Conference Director; Australia India Institute Conference in partnership
with University of Calcutta: The Asian Century Security, Sustainability and Society, Kolkata, December 5-6, 2011.
- Keynote Lecture, “The Past, Present and Future of the Australia India Relationship, inauguralAustralia India Youth Dialogue, New Delhi, January 30, 2012.
- Keynote Speaker, Asia Link Leadership Presentation The Culture of Democracy, PWC, Melbourne, March 16, 2012.
- Speaker, China Forum, Lowy Institute, Sydney The Sino Indian Relationship, March 23, 2012.
- Public Lecture at Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace, Cambodia, in collaboration with Indian Embassy, Cambodia, “Emerging Security Issues in Asia” Phnom Penh, April 20, 2012.
- Panel Chair, Indian Film Festival, Master Class for RajuHirani, Melbourne June 11, 2012.
- Dinner and Conference Speaker, Australia India Education Council, Perth, July 10, 2012.
- Speaker, Conference, Think Tanks In Asia, Bangkok August 3, 2012.
- Public Lecture for AII/ Asia Link “Australia’s Role in the World” (co-speaker with Gareth Evans), Melbourne, August 9, 2012.
- Panelist, Public Discussion, Indian Consulate General, “India: Going Beyond Today”, Melbourne, August 16, 2012.
- Speaker; Australia Institute International Affairs National Conference: “Australia in the Asian Century”, August 24, 2012.
- Opening Address, Conference, Australia India Institute and Institute of Post-Colonial Studies, “Playing Ball: the Ins and Outs of the Indo- Australian Relationship”, Melbourne, August 24, 2012.
- Speaker World President’s Organization, Sydney Chapter, Boardroom Lunch “Drivers of Change in India”, Sydney, August 26, 2012.
- Director Annual Conference, Australia India Institute: “The Argumentative Indian, Critical Debates in the World’s Largest Democracy and Perspectives from Australia”, Melbourne, November 1-2, 2012.
- Key Note Speaker, Conference: Annual Convention of the Indian Association of International Studies, New Delhi December 10-13, 2012
- Speaker, Innovation & Technology Convention, Ahmedabad, Gujarat “Balancing opportunities and challenges while building a Centre of Excellence”, Ahmedabad, January 9, 2013.
- Speaker and Host, Australia India Youth Dialogue, Education in India – domestic challenges and potential for growth and collaboration”, Melbourne, January 30-31, 2013.
- Speaker: Conference on “The Future of Indian Universities: Comparative Perspectives on Higher Education Reforms”, O.P. Jindal Global University March 12, 2013
- Co-Chair FICCI Conference, Vice Chancellor’s Roundtable – India Higher Education Dialogue. ‘Building Australia-India Knowledge Networks in the Asian Century’.New Delhi, March 13, 2013
- Speaker: Asia Link Leadership Program, University of Melbourne , “Key issues in Australia-India relations” , Melbourne, April, 16-18, 2013.
- Discussion Leader and Speaker, Australian Davos Convention, Australian Leadership Retreat “UnderstandingIndia”, Hayman Island. 23-25 August 2013.
- Chair, Symposium on Plain Packaging, “International Conference on Public Health Priorities in the 21st Century: The Endgame for Tobacco”, September 10-12, 2013.
- Participant and Speaker, First Australia, India, Indonesia Trilateral 1.5 Track Dialogue, New Delhi, September 19-21, 2013
- Chair, Keynote Address, FICCI Higher Education Summit.Building Australia-India Knowledge Networks in the Asian Century, New Delhi,and November 11-13 2013.
- Chair of Plenary Session, International Conference on Public Policy in the Asian Century: Advancing Opportunities, Meeting Challenges, and Preparing for Change. Melbourne School of Government, University of Melbourne. December 10, 2013.
Dec 2013 – Dec 2014
- Speaker at 2014 Asialink Leaders Program, “Indian Snapshot,” Sydney, 21 March, 2014
Speaker (2 speaking spots) ) at Australia Asia Education Engagement Symposium, “India – Current and emerging challenges for the Australia/India Relationship,” and “Australia India Institute – areas of focus and rationales that drives the focus areas.” Melbourne, 31 March, 2014
- Speaker at 2014 Asialink Leaders Program, “Indian Snapshot,” Brisbane, 4 April, 2014
- Panel Speaker at public event for Indian Elections, “Australia, Asia and Democracy’s Biggest Year”, University of Melbourne, 7 May, 2014
- Speaker at Indian Executive Club and Bank of Melbourne event, “Update on Australia India Ties,” at the MCG, Melbourne, 9 May, 2014
- Panel Speaker at Indian Executive Club and Pitcher Partners event, “Indian Elections 2014 – What is in it for Australia?” Melbourne, 27 May, 2014
- Speaker at Australia Institute of International Affairs “Indian Elections Wash – Up,” Melboure, 29 May 2014
- Speaker at Asialink, Melbourne “State of the Nation: India”, Corr’s Chambers,
Melbourne, 5 June, 2014.
- Speaker at Australia India Education Council (AIEC) workshop, “Highlights of the Prime Minister Modi’s Visit in the Context of the Australia – India Education Relationship,” Canberra, 25 October, 2014
- Speaker at AIEC Afternoon Address, “Outlook to India – Strengthening our Education Engagement,” Canberra, Tuesday 25 October, 2014
That’s not surprising since many writers are introverts, and americans do my homework tend to fear public speaking more than death.